Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Female Frog Dies in the Grip of Males

Even though I rescued the female frog twice, this morning I found her in the clutches of 3 males. I had to pry their hands off to get her loose but she was already dead. Must have been her time to go. I guess I just can't win against the forces of nature in this case. Makes me kind of wonder about how powerful man is against nature anytime. We certainly are powerless against the major weather events like tornadoes and hurricanes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Evans said...

Without reading your blog, I would not have expected that the "circle of life" would be part of what one observes with a backyard pond. I guess I always thought of it as purely aesthetic. Interesting ... thanks for such informative posts.

4/05/2006 03:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home