Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

One Hour Makes a Big Difference

I've talked about the Butterfly Bushes around the deck several times. For the past two years, they have grown twelve feet high. To keep them healthy and producing lots of Butterfly loving flowers, I understand they should be cut back during the winter. Last weekend it was cut back time and my wife attacked them with a vengeance. I'm worried I'll cut plants back too far so I leave it to her. She is fearless - she cut and handed the branches to me for shredding. The freshly created mulch now surrounds the little Maple Tree. As you can see, my wife didn't leave much standing. One reason we chose this weekend to cut back the bushes was the weather was beautiful. Last year it was cold and rainy and the process was very uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home