Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wow! That Deer Can Really Jump

This afternoon we watched a herd of about six deer crossing the driveway and moving toward the side yard. We went outside to watch them move deeper into the woods and I was shocked to see one inside the area that I fenced to protect the Sweet Shrub. After the deer almost decimated the Sweet Shrub, I fenced it to protect it. This deer was standing next to the four foot high fence and calmly jumped from a standing position. He didn't have to run at all - he just high jumped the fence with little effort. My wife has always said the five foot high fence we have around the back yard would be no match for an interested deer but I thought she was dreaming. Now I believe her.

With the end of the year quickly approaching, It is time to publish the second Pond Diary. I think I will title this one The Pond Diary 2007. If all goes well I'll create the project this week and the book will be ready next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home