Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snowy Day at the Pond

Yesterday the temperature approached 50 degrees and today we are "enjoying" a projected 1 to 3 inches of snow. So far we have about an inch of snow on the grassy areas. The Goldfish are laying low near the bottom of the ponds with the water temperature at 42 degrees.

As to the possibly sick Goldfish I talked about last week, he is still alive and the spot may be looking slightly better. I did test the water and the test kit said it's ph was lower than ideal. I changed out about twenty five percent of the water and added some baking soda. The baking soda solution was the result of a Google search. It did raise the ph into the acceptable level. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Goldfish will survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home