Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Great Looking Babies

Here are two of the best looking baby frogs in town. The first is on a long climb inside a bucket. He is climbing up the inside of a two foot tall 20 gallon bucket that only had about 6 inches of water in it. He was born in this bucket and came from a glob of string algae I pulled out of the large pond. I learned last year that the algae I remove could be full of eggs so I put it in a bucket for a month to see if anything hatches. Well it did, today I pulled 10 baby Goldfish and 7 more tadpoles from this bucket. These fish and tadpoles joined the other wildlife in the small pond. As you can see he isn't scared of the 18 inch climb to the bucket top. I don't think he knows that when he gets to the top, it is going to be 2 feet down to the grass. We wish him good luck.
The other frog is sitting on the lily leaf, just like the big frogs do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home