Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Babies All Over the Place

I am the proud "father" of some brand new Amaryllis sprouts. A month ago I planted a bunch of Amaryllis seeds in pots in the greenhouse and they have sprouted. Mother Nature impresses once again. Not only are these sprouting but a bunch of others are too. I will give them a couple of weeks and then probably thin them to one per pot. I will learn as I go but this is quite an accomplishment.
In addition the March of the Frogs is in full force with baby frogs hopping all around the pond. It is certainly the scariest time because I'm afraid I will step on these little critters who are heading for the woods. I'd hate to crush something this cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home