Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Year Anniversary of Pond Blog


One year ago was my first post to my pond blog. It's been interesting logging the many pond and wildlife happenings that have occurred. This first picture shows the first pond picture from October 2004 and the 2nd shows the transformation to a lush green setting now. I've certainly learned a lot about ponds, animals and plants but the more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn and how complex this small ecosystem really is. Finally another large batch of tadpoles in the last picture today. I have heard there has been a decrease in the number of frogs so I am happy to say I am doing my small part to increase the population at least in my corner of the world.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home