Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baby Fish Rescue

This morning I was looking in one of the 20 gallon buckets holding some of the baby fish when I noticed a fish in distress. The fish who was floating upside down looked dead. Upon further inspection, the fish had somehow gotten caught inside a piece of tubular algae and couldn't escape. As delicately as a guy with large hands could I peeled the algae from around the fish. The operation was difficult as trying to hold a tiny half inch fish without crushing it and peel off the algae was a huge challenge. I finally removed the last of the algae and the fish swam away. I didn't see any one floating when I got home tonight so I'm counting the operation as a success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home