Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

HawkEye View and Amber Alert


Here is the view of the pondscape from the roof (today was gutter cleaning day) as the Hawk would see it when he flies in for lunch. The blue tubs have some baby goldfish in them to protect them from the big goldfish. We have issued an Amber Alert for the baby birdies because when I went to the workshop this morning they were gone and I can't believe they were old enough to fly off on their own. I am supicious that a black snake may have gotten them. I haven't seen any black snakes this year but last year a black snake cleaned out a birds nest in the front yard. He looked so proud of himself when I saw him up in the nest about 8 feet off the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home