Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Copperhead Snake

Today I was cleaning up weeds around the cisterns and came upon a snake hiding behind one of the cisterns. I grabbed my trusty "snake stick" and the snake stayed put long enough for me to capture him. My wife got the camera and took some pictures of this critter who I guess was 3 to 4 feet long. I thought this was another water snake and took him to the farthest point from the house and tossed him over the fence. After more research, my wife and I decided this was a copperhead. I would have been a lot more nervous if I knew that when I captured this guy. Hope he keeps moving away from the house.

2 Comments:

Blogger ME said...

OH my GOD! That scares me to death just looking at the pictures! And really frightens me for you! Please be extra cautious as you have the perfect place for snakes. And remember those guys can strike a good distance! I'm glad no one was hurt.

9/30/2011 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Good thing you weren't harmed! You might want to call some professional "snake catchers". Be careful and you might want to read some info about these copperhead snakes so you'll know what to do next time: http://www.copperheadsnake.net/

12/12/2011 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home