Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Friday, March 04, 2011

Bat Update


Sorry to report when I got home yesterday, the bat was still hanging by the light so it was time for an intervention. I grabbed my solar panel brush with the 15 foot handle and pushed it toward the bat. I assumed he would take the hint and fly away. Wrong! I had to push him from his perch using the brush and he fell straight down on the driveway. He spread his wings, hissed and opened his mouth wide exposing menacing looking teeth. But he still didn't move. As I understand bats can't take off from a flat surface so I went a step further. I swept him onto a dustpan and carried him to the woods where I hoped he climb up on the brush and fly away. He was just plain mad and kept hissing so I left him to figure it out. This morning I checked and he was gone. I hope he flew away on his own instead of being dinner for another critter.

1 Comments:

Blogger ME said...

Be very careful around the bat as he could be ill or even rabid.

3/04/2011 09:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home