Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Building a Greenhouse Using Old Windows Next Step


The next steps included building the walls using pressure treated 2x4s. I sized the openings so the old windows would fit tightly between the studs to retain heat in the winter. I bought and installed a 36 inch storm door to provide easy access to the greenhouse. The door wasn't pre-hung so it was more difficult to install than I expected. The first picture shows the original tiny greenhouse (to the left) this one will replace. Finally in the second picture we installed floor of pavers to provide a level base and absorb and retain more heat.


1 Comments:

Blogger Home Windows said...

I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.
Replacement Windows And Doors
Windows And Doors Las Vegas

9/04/2017 06:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home