Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cistern Frog Surprise

Today I decided to rearrange the cisterns to increase the amount of water I can collect from a rain storm. The 150 gallon Rubbermaid one on the left was previously used for temporary Goldfish housing. The one on the left is 275 gallons. to make the move, I had to drain the 275 gallon cistern and to my surprise, there were tadpoles and to my bigger surprise, there were frogs. We found 5 of the silver frogs living in the 275 gallon cistern. I was able to rescue all the tadpoles and one of the frogs immediately (he is in the second picture in the temporary location I set up for the tadpoles). The other 4 frogs are fine and we stuck a bamboo pole in the cistern to allow them to have easy access out. One did take the invitation and came out several hours after the move.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home