Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Black Snake Intervention


Earlier I wrote about the Black Snake attempting to attack the baby birds in their nest on top of the porch column. While I have tremendous respect for the ways of nature, I felt compelled to intervene. I grabbed my snake stick (a gift from friends at work) and gently lifted the snake off the iron fence. I didn't think his was a capital offense but it did require some action. I chose relocation so I carried him about 150 feet away in the woods and set him free. I may be naive in they he might easily navigate back to the nest but I hope he gets the message. At least his punishment is much more lenient than what he had in mind for the baby birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home