Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Waterfall Cleaning Time

Its time for the annual waterfall cleaning and so I got right to it last weekend. Here are the before and after pictures. The before picture, you can see how the Sweet Flag has taken over the entire 20 gallon waterfall reservoir. As I removed the plant, I disturbed 5 napping bullfrogs. Two of them were snuggled into the plant itself and the other three were in the inch of mud at the bottom of the reservoir. It looked like they had already started their long winters nap and were pretty upset that I bothered them and messed up their bed.
Now the waterfall is clean and I hope the bullfrogs have found a good nap spot under the Sweet Flag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home