Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Persistence Pays Off or Not

Yesterday morning before I left for work, I noticed this large snail on the upper most edge of an Elephant Ear leaf. Since I'm pretty sure snails can't fly, I guess he started at ground level about 5 feet below. It must have taken hours to slither up 5 feet of stem and leaf to the top. The problem he is now facing is his weight is bending the leaf over so he has nowhere to go but down (it is a long drop to the ground). I don't know how this turned out since I had to go to work.
The second photo is one of our Bullfrogs enjoying the afternoon floating on a Black Magic Elephant Ear that dropped onto the surface of the large pond. This leaf seems to providing an excellent platform for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home