Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Elephant Ears Coming on Strong

Remember my post on Dec. 12, 2006 when I dug up this giant Elephant Ear bulb to store it in the garage over the winter. Well today was planting day; I pulled out the bulb and knocked off some of the dirt and surprise, the bulb has several large sprouts already. I planted this giant bulb in a corner of the front yard at the end of a row of Rhododendrons. The Rhododendrons are just starting to bloom and I hope the Elephant Ears will provide a good anchor at the end of the bushes. Also in the front yard, the Elephant Ears I left in the ground are already showing small leaves. I expect they will pick up speed as the weather warms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home