Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Egret and Owl Outsmart the Camera

Earlier this week, I went home for lunch and I startled the Egret who was hanging around the pond. It was quite thrilling to be 20 feet away when this huge bird took off. The camera didn't capture any images because the Egret was just off to the other side of the pond so he didn't trip the sensor. At 5 am the next day I was letting the dogs out and there was an Owl sitting on top of one of the lamp posts. He too didn't set off the camera as it is aimed at pond level and the Owl was on top of the 7 foot post. Finally this morning, the outside temperature was in the mid teens and the camera display said low-battery so I couldn't tell if there were any photos. When I looked yesterday, the battery was showing a 3/4 charge so I guess the camera battery and very cold temperatures just don't get along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home