Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Dinner by Candle Light


This time of year is such a pain. With rolling back the clocks, it is dark when I get home from work. To complicate the problem, we are having some pretty warm weather. The warmer weather warms the pond water and the fish become more active and hungry. I've started turning on the area lights around the pond for a couple of hours each night so the fish and enjoy their dinner. They could probably eat in the dark but I couldn't see that and I would miss seeing them. Here is a not so good picture of one of the lights which provides good down lighting on the pond for the fish. The light looks a lot better in person.

Last weekend I took down and cleaned the filter I was using for the foster care fish but since the new pond still isn't ready, I had to replace it with another filter. I bought a neat little filter that looks like a shoebox sized green box to replace the homemade filter that my friend loaned me to care for her fish. Below are two pictures, one of the foster care pond sporting it's new filter and the the now cleaned filter that was replaced showing all of it's components.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home