Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Toads in a Frog Ball

 The Frog Ball is an interesting phenomenon that we see almost every spring.  Here we have more than one male toad trying to mate with a single female.  This frog ball is at least two males with a female but it's hard to get an exact count as the mass flails around.  In this case another male toad is nearby maybe planning to join the group.  Our dog was very curious about what the heck was happening - but being very busy, the toads were ignoring the dog even though his nose was just inches away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bushman said...

What a neat blog you have. I have scrolled through quite a few. Great pictures. I too am into plants and ponds. being a former landscaper I always gravitate to these things. I just started my oen new house landscaping this past summer. Ripping out the old and replacing it. I am thinking of putting in a frog pond next to my woods. Small with a little water movement for sound. I can set in the shade and listen to the water as I relax. I'll be back and thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more.
-Bushman

3/16/2013 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home