Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Monday, August 01, 2011

Small Pond Large Goldfish

Yesterday I cleaned the small pond since the water was getting quite dirty. As usual, this is the opportunity to take inventory. I found 11 Goldfish in sizes ranging from 3 inches to 10 inches. That 10 guy was really getting too big for the small pond so he graduated to the large pond. I just hope he doesn't become dinner for one of the neighborhood predators. Interestingly I found a violation of nature in that there were two large Bullfrogs in the small pond. Usually one claims the space and chases the others away. To accommodate both I increase the number of Bullfrog tunnels from one to three. Maybe they can live in harmony if each has his own home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Velvet.Touch said...

I am amazed of that beautiful piece of heaven that you call garden. I wish i can have something like that someday, isn't it very tiring? Congratulations for that wonderful garden and home.

8/02/2011 12:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home