Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Clear the Solar Panels Again



During last weeks snow storm, I broke the brush I had devised from stuff in the shed. It was time for a better solution so off to Lowes to see what they had to offer. I wandered around the store for a while until I entered the swimming pool area (ironic for the middle of a very cold winter). There was a pool cleaning brush with a pole that extended to 20 feet. It looked perfect. I had a chance to use it in this storm and it did the job. I still have to get up on an eight foot step ladder to reach to the top of the panels. I cleared the panels several times during the snow storm so it wouldn't pile up too much and then a final cleaning the morning after the storm and the panels were ready to heat water and make electricity. The first picture is the solar water heater panels and the second is the handy brush.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home