Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuxedo Cat Caught Fishing

My mother sent me a note after reading my Pond Diary that said the black and white cats in the pictures are commonly referred to as Tuxedo Cats. I hadn't heard that before but it is an appropriate name. This morning the wildlife camera caught a picture of the neighborhood Tuxedo Cat prowling the pond. The first picture shows him slinking between the large and small ponds. The second picture shows him with his head down in the large pond. I can't imagine he was catching any Goldfish because he's in the deep end and with the water so cold, the fish are sleeping near the bottom. But maybe he is able to attract the Goldfish to the surface so he can snag them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home