Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sad Day at the Bird Nest

So sorry to report that all the baby birds were gone when I got home from work last night. I noticed the Momma Bird wasn't on the nest and took a look and the nest was empty. There was no sign of a struggle and I can't be sure who the predator was - but I suspect my snake control didn't work. It is particularly sad since Momma Bird has been working so hard feeding the kids and once there were two birds helping with the feeding. I don't know what the next step on this nesting site will be.
To top it off late last night I went out to the pond and was confronted by a snake curled up on the deck. He didn't seem to scared of me and didn't run so I grabbed him with my new snake stick and walked him to the edge of the yard and released him over the fence. I'm not sure what kind of snake he was but will be looking around the Internet this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home