Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Bunny Arrives and Baby Bunny Rescue

One night last week our wildlife camera captured a picture of an adult bunny on the side yard. But that event was quickly overshadowed yesterday when our Great Dane Puppy found a bunny nest. I realized the puppy had been outside quite a while and wondered where he was. When I found him, he was jumping up and down at the base of a large Oak tree. I didn't think too much until I heard a squeal. I ran over there and saw the darling baby bunny trying to stay out of the way of giant dog paws. I picked up the baby and comforted him. After searching around, I found the nest about 10 feet away. I put a fence around that area and returned the baby with hopes that the mother bunny will come back and continue her duties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home