Backyard Pond

Discussion of backyard pond, frogs, goldfish and plants.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Frogs are Back!!

The frogs returned last night if force. The daytime high temperature was 80 and I think that brought them running. Todays return is 4 days later than last year but they made up for being late with extra noise. They were so noisy, I was awake from 1 am to 3 am. Our Great Dane puppy had never experienced the return of the frogs and he barked frequently to protect us from the new threat. When I checked the pond at 5:30 this morning there were more than 25 frogs still partying. Here we see 3 frogs swimming around a plant pot with one standing guard in case that crazy barking gets louder. (he may be the designated driver) In the other we see the frogs stretching after a 5 month sleep. I know I can be stiff after a few hours - I just don't understand how they sleep for months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home